Thursday, August 20, 2009

Camping.....yep....camping!!

Scaring away the wildlife.......(bellmen)

Getting sleepy after long walk in the woods ( golf course)

Leaving our campsite

Well, Sarah thinks we went camping ......and we DID sleep on the floor ......in a tent.
We took advantage of the Rancho Bernardo Inn Survivor Special. ....19.00 for a lovely room........only drawback
NO BED, No Air conditioning, NO LIGHTS, NO TOWELS
but right by the "lake" and they supplied the tent.
We had a great 24 hours. Lots of swimming, dinner with Daddy and sleeping in our tent. The hotel was beautiful and they were having Christmas in August weekend.....so we were kind of in the "woods" with all the trees. This is my kind of camping with a 3 year old. We will try the other camping next year.

13 comments:

Jamie B said...

OMG when were you guys there? We were just there two weeks ago!! The weekend of the 8th and 9th. How funny! We didn't go 'camping' but we were there!! :) How fun is this?

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

I read about this special in the paper. I didn't think anyone would ACTUALLY take them up on the deal! Guess I was wrong! I'm glad you had fun. Now that Sarah thinks that is camping, you may be saved from the real thing someday!

Bruce Jones said...

I'm just saying you haven't lived until you take the 3 year old to the Grand Canyon for a few nights of 36 degree temps in May. You've dipped your toes in the 'camping' water and now its time to expand on that experience I think

Erin said...

I LOVE it!! That's my kind of camping!!

Barley Family said...

How fun!! I'm glad you guys had a good time, I bet Sarah loved it! :)

Havefaith said...

You look radiant.........it agrees with both of you......nice for Paul too. Love ya Mom

Grammy Staffy said...

That looks like a great way to camp. Maybe we should go there for our family reunion next year instead of the Snake River in Wyoming. I wonder if they would let us put our raft in the pool??? If we had everybody splash maybe I could make the family think we were white water rafting...sounds good to me.

DeHan said...

You sound like a woman who would give out nuts at a nut house!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's my idea of roughing it, a tent in a hotel room and a pool just steps away!

my little buttercup said...

Now, I can do that "camping."

PS: next time I see a bellman, I am going to try Sarah's technique!

danielle said...

Oh my now that is my kind of camping! Look like fun!!!

Anonymous said...

how fun!! My girlfriend and her family did it just last week!! they had a blast!!!


smiles,Joy!

Tonya Staab said...

Seriously. That's kind of awesome. Luxury of indoors while still 'roughing it' ha ha.