Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Go get it!!

(My new Beth Quinn necklace!!....Love it)
I have a dear friend that has reminded me that it is up to me to "go get it!"


Being a mother often means putting yourself on the back burner......with phrases like "oh when she starts school I will start working out"......"I don't know how to paint so I will keep the room beige"........or......."I can't do that". We owe it to our daughters (and sons) to start today. So, for me, this means "going to get" the healthy body I want........the clear mind I desire and the JOY that I know is waiting to be tapped. By opening up with people that I love it has helped me realize that I am not alone.....you aren't alone either. What are you "going to go get?"

9 comments:

Janis said...

Oh, Dana, what a great post. You rock!

Alliegatorfables said...

I went to get mine...but it was gone. Did you get it first? :)

TUTU Monkey said...

Oh no....was that your bag of M&M's S???? Oh yeah...trying not to eat those any more....or at least as often as I was.....:0

Love you gals J and S!!

Tamerie Shriver said...

In my immediate future (as in tomorrow afternoon) I am going to get a margarita or two! ;-) Somehow I doubt this is what you meant but it's the best I can do on such short notice!

I am SO looking forward to seeing you, Val and Debbie for Happy Hour!!!!! We can talk more about what we are all 'going to get' then.

See you at 3:30ish at Miguel's.

Hugs,
Tamerie

my little buttercup said...

I am with ya!

TUTU Monkey said...

Right on Tamerie!!! LOL... Can't wait

:)

Mommy Wishdom said...

I understand exactly what you mean. My problem is I have no idea what I want to get. I feel like I've been in a "funk" for the last few years. Only recently have I seen a few signs that maybe the clouds are sliding away. It does help knowing other people are funkified too, thanks for sharing Dana. I'll keep searching and figuring out what I want "to get", alongside of you. : )

Havefaith said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! You look Fantastic!!!! I Love You, your Mommy xoxo

Unknown said...

Well said! I have no excuse not to go get it now that the kids are in school ful time. Thanks for the reminder :)

Sandy