Saturday, August 13, 2011

BlogHer..final day

Stephanie Neilson
Ricki Lake



Hanging with 3000+ women at BlogHer for a weekend was just what I needed. It's reassuring to know I am not the only person that hears that little voice...."what do I want to be when I grow up?" This conference came at a perfect time.....Sarah just started full day Kindergarten and I need a kick in the pants to start this next phase of my life.


People come in our lives for reasons. Stephanie Nielson has influenced my life in such a positive way. I love her style, determination and feel like she is a long time friend . I follow Nie Nie Dialogues and am a much better mom for knowing her story.



Chatting with Ricki Lake about home births was an interesting experience. I really don't have an opinion about home births but I think if you want to do it ...go for it. She is lovely. She will be back on TV in 2012.

BlogHer also allowed me some time with my friend Natalie. Our lives are busy with kids, school, work but she is the type of friend you can pick up like no time has passed. All these women made an impression on me and it came at a time that I really needed the conversations and motivation. When people ask me about blogging I always think "well, I don't really know why I blog".......after this weekend I know why I blog.



9 comments:

Suzi said...

I will try to make it next year. Looks like fun, need more photos!!!
I have a new blog www.eclecticsuzi.blogspot.com I wanted to separate my crafts with my business.

TUTU Monkey said...

Hey......we must be on the same wave length...I will be making some changes to my blog too. It was so fun Suzi. I really met some fabulous women!!

sandra lee said...

What a sweet photo of you and Stephanie...I just admire EVERYTHING about her also and what an inspiring woman she is. But you are too and I just know some fun, great things are headed your way in this chapter of life! Enjoy!!!

TUTU Monkey said...

Thank you Sandra....I know something great is around the corner. I am enjoying having a little extra time to figure out what it is.....

Valerie said...

I'm so glad to hear your news, Dana, and that you are feeling energized and ready to move forward in a new direction. Can't wait to see what it is!
x, Val

TUTU Monkey said...

Val...we need to get together....they are having a BogHer for handcrafters and small craft business owners.

Nat said...

You're the best! I can't wait to show you WordPress. Can I post that word on a Blogger blog? ;-) I love you, Dana- you're so easy to be with and it was so nice to have you to connect with at BlogHer. Can't wait to see you soon!

TUTU Monkey said...

Nat...I think you can post it...my computer is still working ...:) I am excited to see you Tuesday!! :) Hugs and Love Dana

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Dana,
I am so happy that you had such a nice time at BlogHer. If I had been well I know that I would have loved being there too. I would love to meet Stephanie. She is a real inspiration to me too. How nice that you got to meet her.

I am glad that I am a blogger because through it I have met wonderful people like you, Paul and Sarah. That makes me happy.

Have a great week. Hugs, Grammy Lura