Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Busy Fingers"


This is one of my resolutions too!!

garbage monster
where all the garbage monsters live                                                                     

"busy fingers"
While most kids are borrowing i phones to play games....... Sarah has been using her idle time with a round piece of cardboard and 7 strands of yarn.  After an afternoon at the San Diego Children's Museum last week she has been thrilled with her new craft.  An older woman stopped us at the grocery store and said "what is she doing?"....I told her making bracelets......she said it was nice to see "busy fingers" that weren't playing video games.  I have to agree......I am not anti video games but still pretty old school.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Yeah I totally agree with you! My kids do have a DS but they would rather make art- probably because I started them young on it. As for Home Instead- yes I would definitely recommend it! I love that it allows me to be able to drop off and pick up my kids after scool. Let me know if you decide to go for it!

Sandy xox

Grammy Staffy said...

You are such a good mom. It is nice that you are teaching Sarah to be creative like her mama. I too think it is far better for little fingers to be busy with crafts instead of video games. Speaking of crafts, I have a little one I bought for your tutu monkey. Would you please email me your new address so I can send it to her. It is just a little thing but I thought of Sarah when I saw it in the store.

Happy new year to all of you. I look forward to the time when we can get together again. You are a darling family. Hugs, Lura

The Killingbecks said...

Yeah for Sarah. You should share how to make that. My kids would love it!