Thursday, January 20, 2011

foamboard and glitter =

"Trashy Parisian Passion"
Last night I got to spend 4 hours at Paper Tale's taking a class from the fabulous mixed media queen Julie Haymaker Thomas and soldering goddess Terri Brush. The added bonus is I did all this with the felting princess and good friend Val. It is so fun to take classes with people who love to create.......this is my "clubbing". (yes I am a dork) I love to hear "oooo's and ahhh's" when a little crafting tips are given by the instructors......it is like the Superbowl for mixed media fans.

I have been in a creative funk and taking this class really helped shake me up a bit. This was my first time working with foam board. I was a little surprised that I was so timid with some of the different mediums....but Julie helped me tap into my "Trashy...Parisian Passion".

I am on week 2 of the Brave Girls Soul Restoration course........learning a lot about myself. ....I really recommend visiting this site......!

8 comments:

Suzi said...

Love it!! Terri ROCKS, can't wait to take a class with Julie at Art Camp this fall!

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

Love it! We need to do another Happy Hour, sooner rather than later! ;-) I'll be in Santa Barbara for the weekend, but maybe this coming week we can get together.

Hugs,
Tamerie

TUTU Monkey said...

I would love it Tamerie!!!

Suzi...ART CAMP!!! How fUn!!

Karin said...

I love it! How much fun that must have been. I was hoping I could make it....

Alliegatorfables said...

Yippee...foamboard and glitter. Did you eat the cupcake???:)

Havefaith said...

How fun Dana..........You always amaze me, with your activities, and all you do with Sarah Gene. Love ya MOM

Grammy Staffy said...

What fun it is to take a class with creative friends. I am creative too and I've been in a slump for a while. I think I will find a class to take. Maybe that will get my creative juices flowing again.
Thanks for the love you sent me Sunday on my blog. I needed it.
Have a great creative week.
Hugs, Grammy L

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

It looks like a lot of fun Dana! I truly admire Terry's work and hwe drive to keep on going and going. I HAVE to take one of her classes. Miss seen you Ciao Rita