Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nie Nie


Picture off Nie Nie's website by Wendy Whitacre


I have been wanting to post about the Neilson's for a while now but have been a bit intimidated by the great writers they have in their family and not telling the story with the right tone.
About Nie from her site........
"On Saturday, August 16, 2008, Stephanie Nielson was in a plane crash with her husband, Christian Nielson, and his flight instructor, Doug Kinneard, near St. Johns, Arizona. Doug Kinneard passed away soon after arriving at the Maricopa County Hospital. Christian & Stephanie remain in critical condition at Maricopa Burn Center. Christian has sustained burns on over 30% of his body. His wife Stephanie’s body was burned over 80%. "

Nie Nie has embedded in my heart........every time I start to get annoyed with the little things in my life I think Nie Nie. Reading her blog (and her sisters blog) has made me a better Mother and Wife. Once you read the Nie Nie Dialogs you will be filled with the joy that Stephanie puts into everyday living and the love she has being a mother (of 4). I attended one of the many fundraisers....Blissfest.... this past Saturday and you could feel Stephanie and Christian amongst the crowd. Please visit their site and pray for their healing.


I am "Tutu Monkeying" around 3 local craft fairs before Christmas and I will be selling special Nie Nie Hand Wands in her honor and all proceeds from each handwand purchase, either in person or on my etsy site ,will be donated to thier recovery fund.

7 comments:

Heidi Zawisza said...

Thanks for posting this. I am visiting her site now.

Alliegatorfables said...

Great post Dana! I will be purchasing a couple of your wands. She has been a positive influence on my life as well. Let me know if you need help making the magical wands!

Proud mommy of Two said...

Wow Dana, I am speechless. A wonderful post by you, and I will check out her site next.

Kelly said...

OK, I spent the majority of my free time last night looking at and reading Nie Nie's site. What a beautiful spirit---and one can just sense the enormous and effortless love Christian and Stephanie have for each other and their family. I will keep them in my prayers and will follow their progress. If miracles happen, they should happen for this family, no?

Thank you for posting Dana. You are always opening my world and mind, and I thank you for that.

danielle said...

I too follow Nie Nie's blog, everyday I feel like I gain more and more wisdom from this amazing woman. She is an inspiration to all!!

my little buttercup said...

Okay, now i see why everyone was talking about this tonight? A little late to the conversation, but this was a beatiful post. I will have to snag a wand or two as well!

Tonya Staab said...

Which fairs are you going to be at. I'll be more than happy to purchase a wand or three :). I've had them on Marisol's wishlist FOREVER!