Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friday Flashback.....on Saturday...


This Idaho river rock has been passed back and forth between my husband and I for about 9 years. When we were long distance dating I would sneak this rock in his suitcase after a weekend visit and he would do the same when I traveled for meetings (in my past life...). After the "little monkey" was born the rock had to be altered a little bit. Hiding rocks in peoples luggage has gone way back for me...........after my father passed away I found a rock that I painted "I love you Daddy" on when I was about 4 years old. It was in his desk drawer (25 years later).......I can't believe he kept it that long but it was so sweet to find it.
Little gestures like this in relationships mean so much.
Another really sweet gesture was this . I was nursing Sarah's high fever all day yesterday and was surprised by Nancy from The Attic ( one of my favorite stores).
Thank you so much Nancy you really made my day!

8 comments:

Swoon with Deb Hodge said...

I envy you so much Dana.....ahhhhhh
Such a sweet post.
XOXO Deb

kristin said...

so sweet!

my little buttercup said...

I love this idea, we may have to do something similar for when daddy works nights.
Hope Sarah feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

What a great tradition!! Thanks for stopping by to say hi!!

Smiles, Joy~

Shab-n-Chic said...

It was my pleasure Dana! See you soon :)
-Nanc

Havefaith said...

Dana, you made my day today, with the story of the rock found in your Dad's drawer...........he loved and loves you so much.
Love you too, Mom

Grammy Staffy said...

What a sweet tradition. Thanks for sharing. How sweet that your dad kept your rock all that time. I know that it made him smile each time that he saw it.

I am sorry that little monkey has been sick. I hope that she is better today.

Have a good week. Love, Lura

kelly said...

what a sweet tradition... i might just have to steal it!