Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2 of my favorite guys!!




I had a few things made for myself this winter.......first one of Deb's purses with a picture of my Grandpa lifting a heavy sack of wheat over his head. He was probably about 20 at the time of the picture. I also had one made for my Mom and her sister...they loved them!! It has a beautiful charm made by Rita attached to the purse too.

Second, Gina took my Dad's watch (that was sitting in a drawer collecting dust) and made it into a great bracelet. This picture of my Dad always makes me smile.....he was quite a character. (She also made something else but someone special is going to be getting it as a gift so I won't post picture.)

Both of these great men are up in heaven ...........I love being able to wear them around with me each day. Thanks Deb , Rita and Gina for you fabulous creations!!

14 comments:

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

The picture of your grandpa on the bag is great! And what a great idea to make a bracelet of the old watch! Clever, clever! Debbie, Rita and Gina are all so talented!

Hugs,
Tamerie

Linda said...

Wow, I love these! Now who would ever think to turn a watch into a keepsake bracelet!? You have some very talented friends missy!

Lizzy B vintage found jewelry said...

Thanks Dana-at first site of your photos of the watch brought tears to my eyes. I'll have to make one of my dad.

best-Gina

The Attic Girls said...

The bag and bracelet are both so great! Gina did a few of my Dad and Grandparents..gave them as gifts to my sisters and Mom. You just can't get anything more personal than that!
You never came by and your $'s are waiting. :) Let me know if you want me to mail it..bye! nanc

Alliegatorfables said...

Love them!

Unknown said...

What a great idea to have Deb's bag personalized! They make such awesome gifts!


xox

Karie said...

Soooo great :) I love those pictures of such amazing men in your life! What a great way of being able to "feel" close to them in a creative way! miss you.... xoxo

Winchester Manor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Winchester Manor said...

What amazing creations from lovely ladies and made even more special because the capture the essence of your father and grandfather! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Love and hugs,
Karyn

sandra lee said...

Those are precious! Deb made some bags for me this Christmas with old photos of my mom and dad on them. There are so neat and just give such a warm feeling to look at and wear! And that Rita is a gem for doing the charms too! Love them!

Havefaith said...

Dana I am sitting here with happy tears looking at the picture of your Dad. He was one special person, with a sense of humor with no end.
I still talk to him.
Love you,
Mom

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

Congrats! you won something on my blog today. Please stop by when you have a minute to check it out at. http://sew-fantastic.blogspot.com

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Havefaith said...

Dana, I am anxious to see what yo WON! yippee Mom