Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Flashback


With Fathers Day this Sunday I found it only fitting to share a Friday Flashback picture of my Dad. The back of this picture says I am 2 ½ , just a few months older than Sarah is right now. I can’t get over how young my Dad looks in this picture. I am sure this is the 99th time he has gone through that book with me and it looks like we just got done building something……this same picture could have been taken of Sarah with her Daddy on any evening after he gets home from a long day at work.

I was in a store the other day and a John Mayer song Daughters came on and it is basically telling Dad’s to treat their daughters good to build the foundation for relationships in the future.
My Dad was a great listener, quick witted, funny and very kind. I wish Sarah could have met him. Thanks Dad……I miss you everyday……and I appreciate the great foundation that you (and Mom) built for me.

8 comments:

Sonya said...

Seriously...you need to put warnings on things like that...*MUST HAVE KLEENEX ON HAND* What a great post!!! Have a great weekend!

Havefaith said...

Wow Dana, this brought a loving tear to my eye. Yes your Dad looks soooooooooooo young there, actually he was about 29 1/2.
Dick and I were talking about your Dad this morning, with the quick passing of Tim Russett, the newsbroadcaster of a heart attack, like your Dad.
Yes, we must enjoy each day and be thankful for the good times we had together.
I will be thinking about You and Renee on Fathers Day (Paul too)
Love you,
Mom

Grammy Staffy said...

What a sweet post. I love the picture but mostly I love your wonderful tribute to your dad.

I agree with Sonya.... you need to have a "Kleenex" warning.

I did not have a loving father in my life but I love to hear about people who did.
Have a good day...and drop by... I made breakfast for you today.

TUTU Monkey said...

Yummy ...thanks for the great breakfast....:)

Misty said...

I, too, love this photograph. It's a darling father/daughter moment. My first thought, too, was your father looks so young. My second thought was I wish I had had that.

TUTU Monkey said...

Misty...you broke the cycle....and your kids will have solid footing to stand tall because of your strength. I think back to that post of your report card and I want to hug that little girl.

Havefaith said...

Dana, I will be looking forward to pictures of Nate and Sarah this weekend. Miss you all,
Love ya,
Mom and Dick

Rhonda said...

Oh Dana, don't you just want to go to that moment and reach out and be able to touch, smell and be with him again? What a beautiful post.

Hey, how about August 14 for a meet up? I will ask Linda if that works too. Anyone else you can think of? Phoenix work?