Monday, June 2, 2008

Fully Charged!!


Wow.......what a great weekend.....! We started our weekend heading North on the 101 Highway out of San Diego. We stopped at all the fun little beach shops.......you know, all the shops that most husbands dread. We had a quick fish taco lunch and headed to Newport Beach. We arrived in time to have a margarita and a quick nap by the pool. Evening was saved for Balboa Island. Again we hit all the seaside shops the kind that most husbands find a chair and wait by the door......and ask "what are you looking for?" We took a long evening stroll and dreamed about having a summer home on the island. PF Changs for a late yummy , garlicky dinner and delicious "foofoo" drink and off to bed. We woke up at 9 am........the latest I have slept in in 2 years.......(angel music is playing while I am typing)......a quick hour by the pool .........off to Fashion Island. It sounds like we did a lot of shopping but we really didn't . I think we were recharging our creativity batteries and catching up on life. It was just nice to be kid-less in Pottery Barn and walk S......L......O.....W........
I definitely need to do more recharging........thank you Audrey for your friendship and the wonderful time catching up on old time and making new memories!!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

That's awesome! John and I are going away for one night in Vegas next weekend (which will be the first time I have been away from Ari for a night) and your post made me all excited to go! Sleeping in... Yummy! I'm happy you guys had such a great time.

Havefaith said...

Moms love to see their daughters relax and recharge. I love you Dana and so happy for your fun time!!!!! love you, MOM

Grammy Staffy said...

What a great weekend. I'm glad that you had such a nice time.Keep doing it. We all need to recharge from time to time.

I have a dear friend like your Audrey. She lives in Vista. We have been friends for 52 years. Sil and I still have our "get aways" which are usually at the beach since our husbands think laying on the sand reading for hours is boring.... Not to us. It brings back memories of all the times we spent at the beach as kids... fun stuff.

Thanks for visiting my blog again. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

Dana, you are awesome. It is pouring rain today but I am still on my vacation high. I have been telling anyone who will listen about my fabulous weekend. I plan to have more weekends like that - recharging is definitely a good thing!

Tonya Staab said...

Oh I'm green with envy here. So so happy for you though.

kelly said...

sounds like a dream. i'm an oc girl myself & love all of those places!

Sonya said...

So happy you had such a great time! It's great when you have a chance to do something like that with such great friends!

Much love!